Find out why Black Mountain is a hidden culinary and historical gem in western North Carolina. We will stroll through a town filled with history, sip local beverages, taste food from Black Mountain’s top chefs and explore well known and hidden facts about our unique community. All tours include:
- Unique small plate tastings at five or more restaurants and local favorites
- Alcoholic beverages paired with food at at least three stops on the Ultimate Foodie Tour, Round the World Tour and the Pub Crawl
- Non-alcoholic beverages served at a few stops along the way in the Dessert Tour
- A private meet and greet with Black Mountain’s best chefs, owners and servers sharing their stories passions and unique offerings
- A taste of history, culture and architecture while walking leisurely through our town.
- A journal to write in and keep to remember your experience.
- Coupons and special discounts from local merchants
Three themed tours are available:
- Ultimate Foodie Tours
- Pub and Grub Crawl (Private tour only through remainder of 2016)
- Dessert Tour (Private tour only through the remainder of 2016)
When: Select Friday and Saturday afternoons for the Pub and Grub Crawl; select Saturday afternoons for the Ultimate Foodie Tour. The Dessert Tour is offered on select dates and more will be added according to demand. Visit our calendar for tour types, dates and availability. Private tours can be arranged with a minimum of 10 guests by calling (828) 419-0590.
Time: 2:00 – 4:15 PM: Ultimate Foodie Tour, Pub and Grub Crawl and Dessert Tour
3:00 - 5:15 PM: Ultimate Foodie Tour
Note: Depending upon the tour you choose, the length will be between 2 and 3 hours in length
What’s included: All food and drink tastings, restaurant gratuity, a guided tour of the area and a fun filled experience.
Who: Locals and visitors alike! Singles, couples, small groups and parties looking for a fun and satisfying afternoon out.
Capacity: 12 -16 per tour. Book now, these fill up fast!
Where: Starting locations will vary and detailed instructions are provided after ticket purchase is made. All tours are conducted in downtown Black Mountain and do not extend beyond Mona Visa Hotel to the west and Lookout Brewing company to the east.
What to wear: Comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing.
Weather Conditions: Black Mountain is often sunny and daytime temps are usually 75 to 85 F the summer and 68 to 75 F in the fall. Layered clothing is best and a compact umbrella if rain is in the forecast. Our tours run rain or shine!